Propelling this bright little felt kite by hand will Sprout preschoolers’ little imaginations to a high-flying fantasyland!
- Brightly colored felt (rainbow of colors for small diamonds plus a contrasting base color)
- Brightly colored ribbon
- Printable kite template 
- Shredded felt, fabric or pillow batting for filling
- Hot glue and glue gun or fabric glue
- Safety scissors
- Wax paper (to cover work space)
- Wooden craft stick (to push stuffing in)
- Print the kite template .
- Using the template as a guide, cut out 2, 8 1/2 x 11 inch felt rectangles on a base color felt per hand kite.
- Use the center diamond shapes on the template as a guide to cut a rainbow of diamond shapes (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple) for each star.
- Use felt scraps to make rectangles about 3/4 inch by 4 1/2 inches that will be used on the backs of the kites as handles. Set aside.
- Cut 6 inch strips of brightly colored ribbon to attach to the tip of each star point. (Tip: Keep the strips short enough for safety)
- On your bottom felt star, glue ribbon to the end of each star point, then top by gluing on the second felt star, like a pillow, sealing the center of each strip of ribbon inside the star with the ends hanging out. Trim ends.
- Leave a small opening to fill with shredded fabric scraps or pillow batting.
- Glue the rainbow colored felt diamonds onto the sections of your star.
- Flip over and glue the long rectangle shaped strip on to create a handle.
- Allow glue to dry, and then fill each star with shredded fabric scraps or pillow batting, pressing inside with a wooden craft stick if needed.
- Glue the remaining opening shut and allow to air-dry completely.