Ahoy matey! Create your very own pirate ship.
- 1 straw
- 1 cardboard milk or orange juice carton
- 1 cork
- 1 bottle cap
- 1 paper cup, small
- Construction paper
- All-purpose white glue
- Hole punch
- Safety scissors
- Using safety scissors, carefully cut the milk carton to look like the pirate ship.
- Using the hole punch, punch a hole through one side of the carton big enough for a straw to slide through.
- Place a small piece of clay on the far side of the hole. Push the straw through the hole, applying some force to make the straw stick to the clay.
- Cut a square piece of construction paper for the sail. Decorate.
- Punch two holes in the sail on the top and bottom, big enough for the straw to slide through.
- Slide the straw through the holes in the construction paper.
- Punch a small hole in the bottom of the paper cup, big enough to put the straw though.
- Put a piece of clay on the inside of the cup and slip the cup through the top end of the straw.
- Push the straw into the clay in the cup to keep the cup in place.
- Glue the bottle cap to the side of the cork to create the steering wheel.
- Glue the steering wheel to the inside of the milk carton.
- Now you have a pirate ship!