No Solar System party would be complete without a mysterious glowing unidentified flying object!
- 2 paper bowls (per spacecaft)
- Glow sticks
- Poster paint
- String, ribbon, or yarn
- Hot glue and glue sticks or tape
- Sponges or paint brushes
- Hole punch
- Write each child's name on his or her bowls.
- Punch holes all over the outside of 2 paper bowls.
- Punch a hole in the top bowl for hanging the extraterrestrial spacecraft.
- Use paint brushes or sponges to paint the outside of the bowls. Let dry. If Sproutlets are working on this flying saucer as a party craft, consider providing several paint colors.
- Once dry, add a short piece of string, ribbon, or yarn to the top to hang.
- Put a lighted glow stick inside, and hot glue or tape the two bowls together.