Make homemade placemats for each of your family members and guests. They are perfect for any occasion!
- Construction paper
- All-purpose white glue or tape
- Safety scissors
- Vertically cut 1-inch wide strips of construction paper in colors of your choice.
- Fold a piece of construction paper (the size of the placemat) in half.
- Starting at the folded edge, cut from the folded edge until 1-inch from the opposite side. Make 6 cuts 1-inch apart.
- Unfold paper.
- Weave cut strips over and under the cuts in the larger mat.
- Tape or glue the strips in place along the mat's edges and trim if necessary.
- Personalize the mats for each of your guests!