A toad is a night-time animal that can often be a noisy neighbor! Learn how to make your own Toad House for your very special nocturnal animal neighbor!
- 1 oatmeal container, without the lid
- Construction paper, plain or colored
- Colored pencils, markers or crayons
- Decorations (glitter, stickers, pom poms)
- All-purpose white glue
- Safety scissors
- Use your markers or crayons to decorate a piece of paper that will fit around the outside of your container. Draw pictures of frogs, toads, and even bugs. Add some stars and moons to show that a toad only comes out at night.
- Glue or tape the decorated paper around the container.
- Go outside and find a moist, shady spot in your yard to put your toad house.
- Dig a small hole and lay your house on its side halfway in the ground.
- Your toad house is now ready for even the noisiest of neighbors. Get ready for new night-time friends!