Visit the stars and back with these delicious Shooting Sweet Potato Stars!
- Star-shaped cookie cutter
- Sweet potato
- Spaghetti squash
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Place rind side up in a baking dish with a little water in the bottom and bake for about 1 hour.
- Slice the sweet potato into thin discs. Using the cookie cutter, cut out star shapes from the sweet potato discs.
- Place the star shapes and the cut-out discs onto a baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil onto the sweet potato pieces and season with salt and pepper to taste, and roast in the 375 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes or until cooked, flipping halfway through.
- Scoop out the seeds from the slightly cooled spaghetti squash. Then, using a fork, scrape lengthwise to separate the strands of squash from the rind.
- Place the cooked sweet potato shapes on a large plate, and arrange the spaghetti squash into “tails” for the shooting stars.