Make these paper snowflakes for your very own winter wonderland!
- Decorations (glitter, sequins, pom poms)
- Safety scissors
- Start with a square piece of paper (If you are using a standard sheet of 8.5 x 11 inch paper, take a bottom corner and diagonally fold it across to the opposite side of the paper. Cut off the 2.5 inch strip at the top of the sheet to create a square).
- Fold the paper in half twice to create a small square. One corner will be all folds and the other three corners will have open edges.
- Turn the paper so that the folded corner is at the bottom. Fold the corner on the right to the left side. You should have a long, triangular paper, with the folded corner still at the bottom.
- Cut off the tip opposite the folded corner. The cut can be straight across or rounded depending on the shape you want your snowflake points.
- Cut out other small areas along the edges, making sure to keep intact enough of the paper running out from the folded corner.
- Open up the snowflake when you have finished cutting and decorate using glitter, paint, crayons or anything else you would like to make your snowflake extra special!