Create this fun and trusty hobby horse and go on some adventures!
- 1 large sock
- 1 long wooden dowel or broom handle
- Newspaper or old fabric
- All-purpose white glue
- Safety scissors
- To make the horse's eyes, glue the buttons onto the sock.
- Draw a mouth and any other decorations onto the horse.
- To make the horse's hair, measure a long length of yarn and fold it many times to create a bunch. Tie another piece of string around the bunch of yarn to hold it together.
- Trim one end of the yarn bunch to create a small ponytail.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to create several bunches of hair for the horse's mane.
- Stuff the sock with newspaper or fabric.
- Using safety scissors, cut small holes down the back of the sock where the horse's mane will be.
- Carefully push the yarn bunches into the holes on the back of the horse's head to create the mane.
- Decorate the horse with ribbon to create reins or a fun necklace.
- Place the horse's head onto the wooden dowel and tie the end with ribbon or yarn.
- Grab your hobby horse and head off to the races!