Make a little mouse out of a tennis ball, a sock, and some string!
- 1 white sock
- 3 elastic bands
- 1 stick (from outside)
- 1 ball (tennis ball sized)
- 1 bell
- 3 small lengths of brown wool
- 2 small ketchup bottle top lids
- A length of string
- Black felt tip pen
- Pink felt tip pen
- Push the bell into the toe of the sock.
- Push the ball (tennis ball sized) into the sock right down to the toe as far as it will go.
- Tie a loop in the middle of all three pieces of wool.
- Place the loops around the bell and pull tight creating the mouse’s nose and whiskers.
- To create the mouse’s ears, push two small ketchup lids into the sock. Balance them on their sides at the top of the mouse’s head.
- Fix the ears in place by tying an elastic band around each lid, over the sock.
- Using a pink felt tip pen, color the nose.
- Using a black felt tip pen, draw a mouth and eyes.
- Using an elastic band, tie it around the back of the mouse to create a tail and to keep the ball in place.
- Thread a length of string through the elastic band at the back and tie in a knot to secure.
- Wind the other end of the string around the end of a stick and secure in place with tape.
- Hold the bottle as a handle and jingle and jangle the mouse for your pet cat and watch them play at trying to catch it.
- You could spray toy with a little catnip spray to really make your cat want to play!