Create these healthy muffins, made with fresh veggies from the garden!
- Large mixing bowl
- Muffin tins
- 2 cups grated vegetables (any combination of zucchini, potato, sweet potato, carrot, squash.
- 1 1/2 cups self- rising flour
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- Cooking spray oil
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1 carrot, cut into thin slices
- Fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Fresh parsley
- Preheat oven 350*F.
- Grease a 12-hole muffin tin with spray oil.
- In a large bowl lightly mix vegetables, cheese and flour.
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, olive oil, milk and yogurt.
- Pour egg mixture onto vegetable mixture and stir until just combined.
- Spoon mixture evenly into the muffin tins and top by placing frozen peas on six and carrot slices on remaining six. Bake 25-30 minutes.
- When cool insert tiny parsley stalks into each carrot slice to represent carrot foliage.
Alternative: Before cooking, place cherry tomatoes on muffins. When cooked and cool, add basil to the tomato topped muffins to represent tomato leaves.