These Edible Train Passengers make a fun snack for any Sproutlet.
- Small Bowl
- Baking Paper
- Cookie Sheet
- 2 cups raw diced butternut squash
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can brown lentils, drained
- 1/3 cup goat cheese
- 1/2 cup packaged breadcrumbs
- Spray oil
- Pine nuts
- Pumpkin seeds
Please Note: These decorations would not be recommended for children under 4.
- Preheat oven 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a small bowl toss the squash and olive oil. Season.
- Tip onto a baking paper lined tray and roast approx 30 minutes or until golden. Cool. Reserve the baking paper and tray.
- Combine roasted squash, lentils and goat cheese. Mash to coarse paste.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs onto a plate. Drop a spoonful of the mix onto the plate and roll in crumbs to form into a log shape. Place the log on the baking paper lined tray. Repeat with remaining mix.
- Spray logs with oil.
- To decorate the passenger faces, use currants for eyes, a pine nut for nose and a pumpkin seed for mouth.
- Bake until golden.
- Arrange the passengers (and other snacks) onto a plate