Celebrate your anniversary with this sweet cake!
- 2 8-inch round cake pans
- Mixing bowls
- 2/3 cup superfine or regular sugar
- 1 cup grape seed oil or canola oil
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup low fat milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
To make the frosting:
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup light whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jam
- 1/2 mango, chopped
- 1 pint strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 small pineapple, chopped
- Preheat oven to 320 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and line the bases of two 8-inch round cake tins.
- Into a large mixing bowl, add sugar, oil, yogurt, eggs, flour, baking powder and orange rind.
- Beat until smooth.
- Pour evenly into the cake pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Turn onto cake rack to cool.
While the cake is cooling make the ricotta frosting:
- Put ricotta, cream and strawberry fruit spread in a bowl and whisk until thick and creamy.
- Place one cake onto a serving plate and spread with half the ricotta cream and half the strawberries slices.
- Top with remaining cake and ricotta cream.
- Pile chopped fruit on top of the cake.