Sproutlets will love these cute shoes that you can eat!
- Large mixing bowl
- 4 medium Idaho potatoes
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 pieces of lean bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Cooked spaghetti
- Sliced olives
- Red pepper, cut to resemble a bow
- Fine strips of red pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wrap potatoes in foil and bake until just tender, approximately 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile fry the onion and bacon until the onion is transparent.
- Allow the potatoes to cool then trim the top off.
- Using a teaspoon, scoop out the potato leaving a thin potato shell, reserving the scooped potato.
- To make the potato filling, mash the scooped potato until smooth. Add the bacon and onion mix, grated cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise. Stir well.
- Fill each potato shell with the potato filling.
- Decorate potatoes to look like shoes.
- Bake 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes or until warmed through and golden.