Cookies in a jar make a perfect gift!
- Medium bowl
- Jars with lids
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup dried fruit, e.g. raisins, chopped dried apricots, currants
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour and baking powder
- Pour 1/3 into the base of a quart size canning type glass jar. Press down firmly.
- Pour in half rolled oats.
- Repeat layers, pressing down firmly and finish with last third of flour.
- Spoon in brown sugar and press down firmly.
- Seal the jar with the lid.
- On a gift tag write….
- Open the jar and spoon the brown sugar into a large bowl and combine with 1/2 cup canola oil, 2 eggs, and 2 teaspoons vanilla.
- Add the remaining jar contents and stir to combine.
- Spoon heaped tablespoons onto a greased cookie tray.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit approximately 15 minutes or until golden.
Note:Raisins, chopped dried apricots, or currents can pose a choking hazard for children under 4.