Warm up with something sweet!
- Large saucepan
- Recycled squeeze ketchup bottle
To make the chocolate syrup:
- 11/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
To make the hot chocolate:
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- Light whipped cream
- Chocolate shavings
- To make the chocolate syrup, combine sugar, water, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt in a large saucepan. Mix well
- Cook over a medium heat until the mixture is boiling. Stir occasionally.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes taking care it does not boil over. Stir frequently.
- Allow to cool and bottle in a recycled squeeze ketchup bottle.
- To make a hot chocolate drink, heat milk to the required temperature. Squirt chocolate syrup around the inside of clear drinking glasses and immediately pour in warm milk.
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.