Bake your own horseshoes for a delicious snack!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 packet yeast (approx. 2 teaspoons)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons butter (optional)
- Nuts, raisins, chocolate chips or other toppings
- Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl, tossing lightly with a fork.
- Add hot water and vegetable oil. Mix together by hand or with a mixer until it has a doughy texture.
- Place dough in a bowl and let sit for roughly an hour until it has doubled in size.
- Once it’s puffed up, grab a small ball and roll in to a 6-inch long rope.
- Mold dough in to a horseshoe shape. Makes approximately twelve (12) 3-4 inch horseshoes.
- Dot with raisins, nuts or chocolate chips to give a studded look.
- Optional: Brush the horseshoe with melted butter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes and enjoy!