Choo Choo! Make way for Thomas and his train track made of cookies!
- 12 disposable mini loaf pans
- Plastic knives
- 2 boxes of cake mix
- Various colors of icing
- Small round butter cookies
- Crushed chocolate cookies
- Small round vanilla cookies
- Shredded coconut, dyed green with food coloring
- Licorice vines and strings (to connect the cars)
- Chocolate wafer cookies (to use as train tracks)
- Candy and pretzels (for decoration)
- Bake two cake mix boxes according to directions, but use 12 lightly greased mini loaf pans instead of 2 sheet cake pans.
- Allow cakes to cool completely and remove them from the loaf pans. These will serve as individual train cars.
- Cut apart two of the loaves to form the shape of the engine car.
- Create the train track by placing wafer cookies 1/2 inch apart in an oval shape. Sprinkle crushed chocolate cookies between the wafers as the gravel. Sprinkle coconut that has been dyed green on the inside of the track.
- Line up the cars on your track one by one, using a pretzel stick for each of the connectors.
- Decorate each train car with a different color icing. Put a ring of licorice string on the top of each car. Inside the ring, place various candies as "cargo".
- Decorate a small round vanilla cookie to resemble Thomas's face and attach with icing to the front of the engine car. Choo choo!
- Enjoy your festive and great-tasting Thomas the Tank Engine cake with all your guests!