Chef Chica creates this sweet and savory specialty dish.
- 2 slices wheat bread
- 3 slices cheese (cheddar works well)
- 1/4 granny smith apple, grated or cut into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon apple butter or jam
- Grate or cut the granny smith apple into thin wedges.
- Assemble the sandwich by placing three slices of cheese and the apples on the wheat bread.
- Place the sandwich in the oven (broiler works well) or toaster oven until cheese is melted and the bread becomes dark brown.
- Spread apple butter or jam on the side for dipping.