There's a whole ‘Field of Veggies’ in this nutritious recipe.
- Pizza pan or cookie sheet depending on crust
- Knife and cutting board
- Prepared whole-wheat pizza crust
- 3/4 cup corn
- 1 cup fresh or frozen broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup frozen or fresh peas
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup low-fat or part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place pizza crust on pan. If it needs to bake, follow directions on crust first.
- Prepare each of the four vegetables by chopping them if necessary and then steaming them until cooked or microwaving in 2 tablespoons of water for 2-3 minutes and let cool.
- Spread sauce over entire crust.
- Plant each vegetable in rows across crust, alternating types of vegetables and leaving about ½ inch between the rows.
- Sprinkle cheese in space between rows.
- Place in oven for 5-10 minutes or until warm.
- Cut into 2-inch squares and serve.