Corny as can be, these mini, edible barns-on-a stick will please even the pickiest barnyard critter!
1 dozen small corncobs
- Cooking pot
- Cutting board and knife
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowls
- Mixing spoons
- Large paper candy apple sticks (for food) or chopsticks
- Plate or shallow bowl
- Red baking cups
- Serving dish
- 12 small frozen cut corn cobs (about 3 inches each)
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Thaw frozen corn by filling a pot with cold water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes.
- Rinse, drain, allow to cool and dry in strainer. Set aside.
- In an unheated saucepan, add 2/3 cup butter.
- Add sour cream and lime juice (optional).
- Melt the ingredients together over medium heat. Set aside to cool slightly.
- On a plate, mix the onion powder, salt, and breadcrumbs (optional).
- Skewer the corncobs onto large candy apple sticks or chopsticks.
- Holding the corn by the stick, dip the end in the melted butter mixture then in plated seasonings (optional).
- Set on serving dish then top with red baking cups by slipping onto the stick over the top of the corn.