Your mates would walk the tightrope for this tiny twist on the iconic Australian Pavlova dessert!
8-10 mini Pavlovas
- Aluminum foil
- Baking Sheet
- Cutting board and knife
- Electric or hand mixer
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowl
- Parchment baking paper
- Serving platter
- Spatula (rubber or plastic)
- 4 large egg whites (separate eggs when cold and mix after bringing to room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 medium firm banana, diced
- 2 kiwi fruit, diced
- 9-12 large ripe strawberries, diced
- 1 cup whole very ripe strawberries, greenery removed
- 1/2 very ripe brown banana
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put room temperature egg whites in a mixing bowl and use either an electric or hand mixer to mix on medium-high until stiff peaks form.
- Sprinkling over the top, fold in cornstarch, vinegar and vanilla by hand using a spatula.
- Use a spoon to scoop the stiff egg whites onto a baking sheet covered with parchment paper, one heaping tablespoon at a time, to create cookie-sized meringue.
- Use a finger to shape the meringue into small "bowls" that will hold fruit and fruit topping.
- Bake at 200 degrees Fahrenheit for 50-60 minutes or until egg whites have turned a pale golden color. Be sure that the meringue has cooked thoroughly. Cool.
- Fill before serving.
- To make the topping, add 1 cup whole strawberries and 1/2 a brown banana to blender and puree (riper strawberries and bananas will make a sweeter topping).