Flutter away with these cute butterfly cupcakes!
1 dozen cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup superfine sugar (or substitute granulated sugar)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces butter, melted
- 2 cups cream, whipped
- 4 large strawberries cut in half lengthwise and sliced lengthwise
- Confectioners' sugar (for dusting)
- Paper cupcake liners
- Line muffin tins with paper cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, add flour, superfine sugar, milk, eggs, vanilla and melted butter.
- Beat with an electric mixer until the mixture becomes light in color and creamy in texture, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon a heaped tablespoon of mixture into each paper cupcake liner.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 12 minutes or until the cakes spring back when lightly touched.
- Using a teaspoon, cut a circle out of the top of each cake. Carefully lift the cake circles onto the cutting board and cut in half.
- Pipe whipped cream into the cake holes.
- Lay a strawberry slice on each mound of cream to resemble butterfly bodies.
- Position cake circle halves on either side of the strawberry to resemble butterfly wings.
- Lightly sift confectioners' sugar over the butterfly cakes.