A sweet vegetable treat for a yummy daytime or evening snack!
- Microwave-safe bowl
- Small mixing bowl
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- Add the carrots and a splash of water to a microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Remove from microwave, stir carrots, and cook for an additional 3 minutes - or until carrots are very tender and can be easily cut with a fork.
- Carefully drain the carrots in a colander, and set aside to cool while you prep the glaze.
- Combine the cornstarch, cinnamon, and orange juice in a small mixing bowl. Add the honey and butter.
- Microwave the glaze mixture on high for 1 minute. Remove, stir, and cook for an additional minute until the glaze thickens. Be careful - glaze will be VERY hot!
- Carefully pour the glaze on to the carrots, and stir to combine.
- Enjoy your sweet and healthy treat!