Make this playful and fun astronaut helmet filled with mini melon spheres that will take Sproutlets from Mars to Mercury in one bite!
- Printable helmet cutouts 
- Cutting board and knife
- Paring knife
- Measuring spoon
- Melon baller
- Mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Foil pie pan
- Sturdy toothpicks
- Paper towels
- Non-toxic glue
- Round serving dish
- 1 cantaloupe
- 1 watermelon
- 1 honeydew melon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Print and cut out the helmet cutouts. 
- Cut one end of the watermelon flat so that it stands up vertically.
- As if carving a pumpkin, cut an upside down "U" shaped opening in one side of the watermelon as pictured.
- Using a melon baller, scoop fruit out of all three melons and mix together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add lemon juice to preserve freshness and stir.
- Lay the foil pie pan upside down on a round serving dish, bunching paper towels underneath the pie pan to help catch any dripping juice.
- Stand the flat end of the watermelon on a foil pie plate, securing to the pan on the inside with several toothpicks.
- Spoon melon balls into the watermelon, filling as full as possible. Refrigerate leftover fruit and refill as needed.
- Dry the outside of the watermelon completely with paper towels and glue the cutouts on.