This is a fun treat for your dogs to enjoy!
1/4 cup hot tap water
4 teaspoons powdered chicken stock
1/2 teaspoon dry yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
1 cup tomato juice
1 cup wheat germ
1 cup self-rising flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
- Combine water, powdered chicken stock, yeast and sugar. Stir to dissolve.
- Add tomato juice, wheat germ and flours to form a stiff dough.
- Knead and roll out 1/4 inch thick.
- Place a wide craft or popsicle stick on the dough and cut around using a plastic knife. Repeat until all the dough has been used.
- Squeeze the center of each shape and mould the ends of each piece to resemble a bone.
- Place bones on a foil-lined oven tray.
- Bake at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 40 minutes or until the dog bone treats are dry throughout.