A treat from Franny's chilly adventure to Antarctica!
- 1 cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray
- Large mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 2 large pasteurized egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place egg whites and cream of tartar in a large bowl and beat with a mixer at medium speed until soft peaks form.
- Increase speed to high, and gradually add granulated sugar and then powdered sugar.
- Continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Add vanilla extract; beat just until blended.
- Scoop with tablespoon and place dollops on cookie sheet in order to create little icebergs.
- Bake for 11/2 hours.
- Turn oven off and leave pan in oven as it cools for about 1 hour or until meringues are cool.