Learn how to make spinach squares to stay healthy just like Bob the Builder.
12 spinach squares
- Baking dish
- Mixing bowl
- 1-10 ounce package of spinach
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup (8 ounces) shredded cheese - mozzarella, cheddar, jack, or a blend
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Place spinach in a medium saucepan with enough water to cover.
- Cook until spinch is wilted - about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix flower, salt, and baking powder. Stir in eggs, milk, and butter.
- Fold in spinach, onion, and cheese.
- Transfer mixture to baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes. Cool before serving.
- Cut into squares and everyone can enjoy this tasty spinach snack.