Perfect for spring, make a refreshing Pineapple Coconut Quinoa dish.
- 1 1/2 cup vanilla coconut milk
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup of fresh pineapple
- 1/4 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Rinse the uncooked quinoa grains in warm water.
- Cook the quinoa according to the instructions printed on the packaging. It should take about 20 minutes.
- Add the butter to the cooked quinoa and stir on low heat.
- Puree the pineapple, coconut milk and cinnamon in a blender.
- Add the puree and shredded coconut to the cooked quinoa. Stir on low heat for 2-5 minutes.
- Take the quinoa of the heat and let it cool for 5-8 minutes. Serve warm!