Make these delicious barnyard chicken nuggets!
- Aluminum foil
- Baking sheet
- Cutting board and knife
- Green tissue paper
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowls
- Mixing spoons
- Non-stick cooking spray or parchment baking paper
- Paper towels
- Serving dish
- Spray bottle for oil
- Wax paper
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2/3 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup peanut oil (adjust to vegetable oil for allergies)
- 2-3 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces. Rinse thoroughly, and dry with paper towels.
- While chicken dries, mix together breadcrumbs and flour in one mixing bowl
- Mix milk, eggs, and oil in another mixing bowl.
- Season the dry chicken as desired.
- Dip chicken in milk/oil/egg mixture then roll in flour mixture.
- Place pieces on a parchment covered baking sheet.
- Spritz the chicken generously with peanut oil or vegetable oil to moisten. Unless you have allergy concerns, peanut oil is recommended rather than substituting for vegetable oil.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use tongs to turn halfway through baking.
- Serve your baked chicken nuggets in pails lined with wax paper! You can even put shredded green tissue paper under the wax paper to look like grass.