Hot potato, hot potato is an ooey-gooey-squishy-squashy easy snack or meal that Sproutlets can make for the entire family!
- Aluminum foil
- Baking sheet
- Cooking pot
- Cutting board and knife
- Foil baking cups
- Food processor (optional, can mix by hand)
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowl
- Mixing spatula
- Mixing spoons
- Muffin pans
- Serving dish
5 pound bag Russet potatoes
2 cups fresh and lightly steamed (or frozen and thawed) broccoli crowns, stems removed
2 cups canned kidney beans, drained
2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
1/4 cup fat free sour cream
1/4 cup lowfat milk
10 ounces shredded leftover cooked chicken
- Prepare baked potato. To bake potatoes: scrub potatoes and slice in half lengthwise, then wrap completely in foil as a whole potato. Bake for about 60-90 minutes, depending on size of potatoes, at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Cool completely.
- Scoop out the inside of the potato and put in food processor to mix. (Tip: Some of the potato should stay in to help keep the shape of the piece that will hold the filling.)
- Cut scooped out potatoes in half again. Place in baking cups in a muffin pans.
- Mix potatoes and milk in food processor on pulse to desired consistency and transfer to mixing bowl.
- Add broccoli, chicken, 1 cup shredded cheese, sour cream (or yogurt) and kidney beans. Blend together.
- Add about 1/4-1/2 cup of the potato filling to each skin. Top with a sprinkle of cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit, or until tops are golden brown.
- Let cool and remove from pan. Put on serving dish and enjoy with your most Wiggly friends and family!