A hearty and delicious meal for the whole family!
- Loaf pan
- Parchment paper
- Mixing bowls
- Oven-safe tray
- Serving platter
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced bacon
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery, diced
- 2 apples, grated
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons chicken stock powder
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup tomato ketchup, plus extra for decorating
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced in rectangles (for the windows)
- 1 hard-boiled egg, sliced (for the wheels)
- Line the bottom of a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add ground beef, bacon, breadcrumbs, onions, celery, apples, eggs, tomato ketchup, powdered chicken stock and curry powder.
- Using gloved hands, mix well.
- Pack into the loaf tin.
- Bake for 75 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove from oven, drain juices from the tin and invert the meatloaf onto an oven-safe tray.
- Spread tomato sauce over the meatloaf and return to the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Move the glazed meatloaf onto a serving platter.
- Decorate with boiled egg slices for the wheels and square slices of cucumber for the windows using more ketchup, if necessary, to "glue" the decorations in place.