These munchy brunchy crepe stacks will please every sweetheart you know!
4-6 four-inch heart stacks
- Baking sheet
- Clean safety scissors
- Cooking pot
- Cutting board
- Heart shaped cookie cutter, 4 inches across
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Parchment baking paper
- Pastry brush
- Serving dish/dishes
- Wax paper
- 6-8 crepes
- 1 1/4 cups finely chopped cooked spinach, drained with stems removed
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated or shredded
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese (or mozzarella cheese)
- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (to brush tops with)
- Pre-make crepes according to your favorite recipe, or save time and purchase prepared crepes in your local market.
- Use a heart shaped cookie cutter to create 20 hearts out of your crepes. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add spinach, shredded cheese, grated Parmesan, and milk. Mix well.
- Transfer to a cooking pot and cook the cheese and spinach in a pot on low to medium heat until the mixture comes to a slow rolling boil.
- Continue to cook and stir for about 10 minutes, or until the mixture is a thick consistency. Let cool to room temperature.
- Start with one crepe heart layer on the bottom. Add 1 tablespoon of filling, spreading evenly out to the edges with the back of a spoon.
- Top with a crepe, add filling and top with another crepe. Repeat with 5 layers of crepes.
- Brush tops of crepes with a little olive oil to keep them from drying out. Warm in the oven for 5 minutes, if desired.
- These crepes taste great served warm, cold or at room temperature and will just the perfect way to say "Be My Valentine."