Sproutlets make their own fabuloso party entrée with these pizazzy pizzas, Chica style!
- Baking sheet
- Cutting board and knife
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowls
- Parchment baking paper
- Pizza cutter
- Serving plates
- Wax paper, disposable plastic tablecloth, or butcher paper (for easier cleanup)
Soft taco size flour tortillas
Tomato (roma tomatoes recommended)
Shredded cheddar cheese
Ground or shredded beef or chicken (optional, season if desired)
Mild smooth salsa
Thousand Island dressing
Avocado cubes (optional)
Sliced olives (optional)
Black beans (optional)
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, add oil and brown seasoned meat until done (optional).
- Slice tomato into thin circles and cut lettuce into fine shreds.
- Bake the tortillas for about 5 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or until slightly crispy.
- Mix your very own batch of Chica's "secret" taco pizza sauce - mix 1/2 cup Thousand Island dressing and 1/2 cup salsa in a blender until smooth, and spoon onto tortillas.
- Set up a party-friendly taco assembly station - cover the table with wax paper, a disposable plastic tablecloth, or butcher paper for easier clean-up at the end of your party.
- Put all ingredients out in small unbreakable containers with serving spoons.
- Allow guests to prepare their tacos.
- A typical taco pizza is assembled starting with sauce (2-4 tablespoons per pizza), then meat and/or beans, toppings and lettuce , then finished with cheese for a nicely baked top - but your party guests can get creative and add toppings in any order they like!
- After assembly, bake each pizza for 5 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit, or until cheese just melts.
- Cool and serve.