This winning recipe makes Thomas go "Peep peep"!
8 "club cars"
- Cutting board and knife
- Cookie sheet
- 8 slices whole-wheat bread
- Low-fat cooking spray
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 4 iceberg lettuce leaves
- 4 -1 ounce slices low fat Swiss cheese
- 4 ounces lean ham or turkey - thinly sliced
- Thin pretzel sticks
- Radishes, cleaned and sliced into circles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray cookie sheet with low fat cooking spray.
- Toast 8 slices of bread and place on cookie sheet.
- On four slices of bread, place 1-2 slices of tomato, and 1 ounce ham or turkey.
- Add 1 slice of cheese on top.
- Place cookie sheet in oven for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.
- Remove cookie sheet from oven and add 1 lettuce leaf to each sandwich.
- Place remaining 4 slices of bread on top of each sandwich.
- Cut sandwiches into quarters and stack one on another to create double-decker sandwiches.
- Skewer with thin pretzel stick
- On each plate, create train tracks by placing 2 pretzel sticks in parallel line and then places others across them as tracks and surrounding with alfalfa or bean sprouts as grass.
- Place 1 "club car" on each track and serve.
- Add radish slices for the wheels if you'd like!