Enjoy Olly's Fishy Fritters
- Cooking pot
- Cookie sheet
- Large mixing bowl
- Potato Masher
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Two small mixing bowls
- Fish shaped cookie cutters
- Frying pan
- 1 pound firm white fish (such as cod or halibut)
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 cup corn flakes cereal
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peas and ketchup (for decoration only)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Boil water in cooking pot. Place peeled potatoes into boiling water and stir occasionally until potatoes are tender (about 10 minutes)
- Place fish on a lightly greased cookie sheet and place in oven until lightly cooked, about 6 minutes.
- Remove fish from oven and place in a large mixing bowl, flake the fish apart with a fork.
- Drain potatoes in colander and place them in large mixing bowl with fish, mash mixture thoroughly with potato masher.
- Add chopped parsley, 1 egg and salt and pepper. Stir until well mixed.
- Using the bottom of a measuring cup, crush corn flakes in a small mixing bowl.
- In another mixing bowl, crack 1 egg and beat well.
- Take the contents of the large mixing bowl and using fish cookie cutter, form fish shapes. Dip each fish shape into egg wash and then cover with corn flake mixture.
- Warm olive oil in a medium hot frying pan and add fish shapes.
- Cook until golden brown, turning once.