Here’s a recipe for your sunny days, cooking the day away! With breadcrumbs for Chica, and a nibbly-noodle nest for you!
1 dozen nests
- Foil baking cups (paper lined)
- Cooking pot
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mixing bowl
- Mixing spoons
- Muffin pan
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Serving dish
- Slotted spoon
- 1-16 ounce pack fettuccine noodles
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Italian herb seasoning
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 12 grape tomatoes, sliced
- 24 medium pitted sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 24 turkey meatballs (prepackaged is fine)
- *Note: Whole olives and grape tomatoes are choking hazards for children 4 years and younger, so dice them for younger children.
- Prepare fettuccine and meatballs according to package directions. Strain. Let cool.
- To make the sauce, combine 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- To make the breadcrumb topping, mix 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Put baking cups in muffin pan.
- Spray inside baking cups with a touch of nonstick cooking spray.
- Fill muffin cups to top with fettuccine noodles, about 1/4 cup, to make mini nests.
- Top noodle nests with uncooked baby spinach leaves.
- Fill each nest with two turkey meatballs and some olive, and tomato slices.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of the sauce mixture on top of your nest, stirring well between each spoonful.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture and bake until golden.
- Cool and serve.
- Leftovers can be frozen, and defrosted later.