The perfect package for a healthy delivery!
- Cutting board and knife
- Large frying pan
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- 1 large mixing bowl
- Food processor or vegetable masher
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon dried onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 whole-wheat pitas
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 4 cucumber slices
- 8 strips of red pepper
- Wash all vegetables and set aside.
- Combine 1 teaspoon oil, chickpeas, egg, breadcrumbs, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper in a food processor. Otherwise, thoroughly mash chickpeas prior to combining with other ingredients and then mix well.
- Spray frying pan with cooking spray and heat to medium high.
- Shape bean mixture into four patties 1/2 inch thick and fry for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Cut pita in half to make two pockets per pita.
- In each pocket place 1 patty (1/2 for toddlers), 1/4 cup lettuce, 1/8 cup tomato, and 2 tablespoons hummus.
- On the outside of the pita, place pepper strips to look like address and cucumber to look like a stamp.