Sproutlets won’t even bat an eye at eating their veggies with this scrumptious, quick and easy, party-friendly chicken and veggie potpie!
8 three inch or 4 five inch potpies
- Aluminum foil (optional)
- Baking sheet
- Measuring cups
- Mini foil pie pans, 5 inch round
- Mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Parchment baking paper (optional)
- Serving platter
- 3 C. frozen mixed vegetables
- 4, 10 ¾ oz. cans cream of chicken soup (concentrated from can, do not add water)
- Whole-wheat biscuit dough
- 3 C. chopped chicken, homemade or canned
- Feeding a crowd of hungry Sproutlets was never so easy! These mini chicken potpies can be made ahead as single serve meals that can be handed out in a flash! The non-breakable metal pans make your job even easier because you can ask Sproutlets to help bring the food to their friends!
- If your child is helping you prepare the pot pies, pre-measure the vegetables, the soup, and the chicken and set them out in small containers so that he or she can pour everything right in the mixing bowl and stir with a spoon.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Scoop pie filling into mini pie pans, about ¾ full.
- Top with whole-wheat biscuit dough and stretch the dough out to the edges. Place pans on a baking sheet and bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes or until dough is golden brown. Lay foil loosely over the top if desired to keep the tops from over-browning.
- The insides will be extremely hot, so be sure to allow time for cooling before serving!
- Hooray! You're finished making potpies for your party! So sit back, take a moment to enjoy one of them yourself before the party Sprouts arrive and gobble them all up!