Breakfast has never tasted sweeter!
- Frying pan
- Large mixing bowl
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup, molasses, or corn syrup
- 1/2 cup milk
- Cooking spray oil
- 1 cup ricotta
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup strawberries, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar plus extra for dusting
- In a large bowl combine, flour, egg, sugar, golden syrup and milk.
- Beat until smooth, add more milk if mixture is too thick.
- Rest in the fridge for an hour before using.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and spray with oil.
- Drop spoonfuls of the pancake mixture into the hot pan. Flip when bubbles appear.
- Cook on the other side until golden.
- Remove from the pan.
- To make the strawberry cream, combine ricotta, powdered sugar and lemon rind in a small bowl and whisk until it is smooth and creamy. Gently fold in the strawberries.
- Top each pancake with strawberry cream and dust with extra powdered sugar.