Dance to the music while holding this wand and watch the butterfly flap its wings and swish and swirl alongside you!
- 1 cardboard tube (from roll of paper towels)
- Aluminium foil
- 3 sheets of tissue paper (any color you wish)
- 1 sparkly pipe cleaner
- 1 round paper plate
- 2 plastic bags and/or gift curling ribbon
- Lay out a piece of aluminium foil and roll the cardboard tube up in it and tuck the ends into the top and bottom of the tube.
- Lay out flat 3 pieces of tissue paper, one on top of the other.
- Fold all the tissue paper in half vertically. Then fold it in half again, but this time horizontally.
- Place a round plate (or anything round) on top of the tissue paper near the edge of the paper.
- Draw halfway around the plate along the outside edge of the tissue paper (not the folded edge).
- Cut out the half circle.
- Open out the tissue paper flat again.
- Scrunch from the top to bottom in the middle of the tissue paper and secure with some tape.
- Wrap a pipe cleaner around the middle of the tissue paper and bend the ends to look like a butterfly's antennae.
- Using tape, stick the butterfly to the top of the covered cardboard tube.
- If you are using plastic bags, cut two plastic bags into strips by cutting down from the top of the bag to the bottom, making sure not to cut through the bottom of the bags but instead leaving a little gap. Scrunch up the bottom of each bag and push the bags into the bottom of the covered cardboard tube, secure them in place with tape.
- If you are using gift curling ribbon, cut lots of different lengths of ribbon and use tape to secure them into the bottom of the covered cardboard tube.