Make a crab shaker with a paper plate!
- Paper plate
- Red paint
- Red construction paper
- Red pipe cleaners (optional)
- Dry rice
- Googly eyes
- Glue or stapler
- Paint brushes
- Take a single paper plate, and paint it red.
- Once dried, fold the paper plate in half and staple closely around the edges leaving an opening at the top.
- Through that opening, pour a handful of rice into the paper plate.
- Staple around the top of the plate so that it’s closed all the way around.
- Cut longer strips of paper or pipe cleaner to tape on to the top.
- Glue googly eyes to the end of the pipe cleaner or paper strips that aren’t attached to the plate.
- Cut two larger strips of construction paper into the shapes of claws.
- Accordion-fold two other strips of paper to glue to the bottom of the claw shape.
- Attach the claws to the paper plate with glue or a stapler.
- Shake your crab!