Create a colorful neighborhood out of cereal boxes with this fun project. Decorate your very own neighborhood with stores, houses and trees!
- Cereal boxes (or cereal bar boxes, pasta boxes)
- Cardboard tubes (from a roll of toilet paper)
- Construction paper
- Safety scissors
- All-purpose glue stick
- Tape the flaps of the box closed.
- Using your glue stick, cover your box with construction paper.
- Using safety scissors, cut squares out of the construction paper to make windows and doors and attach.
- Use your markers to decorate your box and windows. If the box is going to be a store, write the name of the store on it.
- To make a tree, take a cardboard tube and cut a slit on opposite sides of one end of the tube.
- Cut a piece of green construction paper to look like the tree branches and insert the paper in-between the slits on the tube.