This kid-friendly version of charades is sure to delight your guests!
- 2 inch x 1 inch piece of fabric (felt)
- Scrap pieces of white fabric (felt)
- Colored yarn
- Pictures of Sprout friends (Barney, Bob the Builder, Angelina)
- Index cards
- Shoulder bag (mailbag)
- Big plastic sewing needle
- Fabric glue
- All-purpose white glue or tape
- Safety scissors
Before the party:
- To make the mailbag, begin by folding the 2 inch by 1 inch piece of fabric in thirds, like folding a letter.
- Unfold the top third (top of the mailbag) and thread the colored yarn through the folded sides of the bag using the big needle.
- Use the colored yarn to make and secure a long handle.
- Cut a postcard-sized shape out of white felt and decorate it to resemble an envelope or postcard. Write the birthday child's name on it.
- Close the top of the mail satchel (fold down final third) and attach the felt "envelope" to the front the of mail satchel.
- Glue a picture of each Sprout friend to an index card, one character per card. Write the name of the character on the card because each card represents "who" is getting a delivery from Mr. Mailman.
- Place each sealed card inside a separate envelope and place each envelope inside the mailbag.
At the party:
- To play the Mr. Mailman Sprout Delivery Game, have the birthday child put on the mailbag and pretend to be "Mr. Mailman".
- Party guests take turns selecting a card from the mailbag.
- One at a time, they "secretly" look at their card and act out (or make sounds like) the character who is getting a delivery from Mr. Mailman.
- The other guests watch their friends as they hammer like Bob or dance like Angelina and try to guess who is getting a Sprout delivery!