Bake some sweet snowman treats!
For the decorations:
- Kebab stick or toothpick
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- An egg
For the frosting:
- 1 1/2 cups icing
- 10 marshmallows
- Food coloring
- In a large bowl mix together the sugar and flour. Next rub in the butter with your fingertips. Next add the egg and a teaspoon of vanilla essence and mix together until you have soft dough.
- Cover the bowl with a dishtowel and put your mixture in the fridge to chill for around 20 minutes.
- To make the snowy white icing, place the marshmallows in a microwave-friendly bowl. Microwave for 15 seconds.
- Slowly fold in to your icing sugar.
- To make the colored icing for the snowman’s hat, add two drops of green food coloring to some of the icing.
- Lightly grease a baking tray and pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. To make each snowman roll the cookie dough into two small balls of approx. 3cm diameter, one ever so slightly larger than the other. Place the balls on the baking tray and squash them slightly so that they are about 1cm in height.
- Bake your cookies for ten minutes or until golden brown.
- While your cookies are still hot and soft, use a kebab stick to make a hole at the top of each Snowman’s head. This is to thread the ribbon through.
- Once your cookies are completely cool they are ready to decorate. Take a teaspoon of frosting and spread it on the body of your snowman. Do the same with the head.
- Now for the fun part! Use candy to make the Snowman’s nose and a candy lace for his scarf.