Stitches loves his toy horse and now you can create one just like his, using a brown paper bag and felt!
- Stitches’ Toy Horse template 
- 1 brown paper grocery bag
- Brown yarn
- Brown, red and yellow felt
- Red ribbon
- 1 wooden dowel/stick
- Yellow paint
- Sponge brush
- All-purpose white glue or tape
- Safety scissors
- Black marker
- Using safety scissors, cut the bottoms and handles off your brown paper grocery bag so that you have one long piece of paper.
- Use the template to cut out 2 toy horse shapes.
- With both pieces on top of each other, use the hole-punch, to punch out holes along the edges, leaving the bottom open.
- Take a long piece of yarn and wrap a small piece of tape around one end to make it pointy.
- Tie a knot at the other end of the yarn.
- Thread the holes with brown yarn to attach both pieces of the horse. Leave an opening on the bottom for your dowel or stick to slide in. Once finished sewing, tie a knot at the other end and cut off any excess yarn.
- Using a black marker, draw the horse’s mane on the light brown felt. Cut out and attach to the brown paper bag using glue. Repeat with the horse’s eyes and star patch using the other pieces of felt.
- Cut two small pieces of ribbon to make your horse’s bridle. Attach using glue.
- Paint your wooden dowel/stick using the yellow paint and sponge brush.
- Once dry, slide the wooden dowel/stick in to your horse’s head. You can attach using glue or tape.