Create your own pair of butterfly wings using supplies from around your own home!
- 1 cereal box (empty)
- 2 plastic bags
- All-purpose glue
- Tissue Paper, construction paper, markers, crayon (optional)
- Safety scissors
- Hole punch
- Open up both the top and bottom flaps of your empty cereal box.
- Cut along one corner of the box from the top to the bottom.
- Cut off the skinny side of box at the far end. Cut out the shape of your butterfly wings from the wider sides of the box.
- Next, decorate your wings! Glue on tissue paper or construction paper. Color using markers or crayons.
- To make the straps, take a plastic bag, and cut it into three long strips. Braid the three strips together until the bag looks like rope. Do the same with the other bag to make the second strap.
- Use a hole punch to make two holes at top and two holes at the bottom of the center skinny panel of the box.
- Tie the ends of the plastic bag to each hole.