Create a fan-winged feathered flyer that's ready to soar!
- Cardstock paper or cardboard (The back of cereal box works well)
- Printable template 
- Yarn or string
- Construction paper
- All-purpose glue
- Hole punch
- Safety scissors
- Craft feathers (optional)
- Paint (optional)
- Googly eyes (optional)
- Print out the bird shaped stencil. 
- Using safety scissors, cut out the bird shape, along the dotted line.
- Trace the bird shape onto a piece of cardboard or cardstock.
- Cut out the bird shape from the cardboard or cardstock
- Decorate with any crafts supplies you’d like.
- Using the original printout as reference, cut a slit along the top of the bird shape, about 1 inch in length. You will later fit the wings through this slit.
- Fold the piece of construction paper back and forth, like you are making a fan. Each fold should be about 1-inch in width.
- Insert the folded paper through the slit that you made along the top of the bird for the wings.
- Punch a hole above the wings near the head and tie a piece of string or yarn through the hole.