Sparkle with a jeweled crown fit for a king or queen!
- Rock salt
- 4 plastic zip-top sandwich bags
- 8 plastic lids - 2 yellow, 2 blue, 2 red and 2 green
- 5 paper plates
- Food coloring in yellow, green, red and blue
- Aluminum foil
- Sticky putty
- Safety scissors
- Place glue all over one paper plate.
- Cover plate in aluminum foil. Flatten the foil. Let glue dry.
- Place some rock salt into each plastic zip-top bag.
- Add a few drops of food coloring to each bag and shake well until all the salt is covered in color. Pour out onto a paper plate and leave to dry.
- Once the plate with the foil on it is dry, cut out the pointy bits of the crown.
- Start in the middle of the plate and cut a straight line across the middle of the plate (do not cut all the way across - stop when you reach the rim of the plate.
- Cut another line across the plate to make 4 'slices'. Then cut each of these again to make 8 'slices'.
- Now, once your colored rock salt is dry it should be all sparkly and jewel like.
- Use sticky putty to attach the salt into each of the bottle lids.
- Sprinkle each lid with different colored salt and push down. Shake off any excess salt.
- Stick each lid onto each point of the crown.
- A beautiful sparkly crown for a king or queen!