Add some pizazz to your bike! Create a bike license plate and pom poms for your handlebars.
- 1 cardboard box (with a lid)
- 1 thread spool
- 2 plastic bags
- 2 lunch bags, turned inside-out
- 1 paper plate
- 2 bendy straws
- Long string
- Markers or crayons
- Single hole-punch
- Safety scissors
To make the bike:
- Using the lid of the cardboard box, cut out a rectangle.
- Put some paint onto a paper plate.
- Using the end of a spool, dip into the paint and print two 'wheel' shapes at the bottom of the cardboard rectangle.
- Bend the bendy end of the straw. Bend the other end around to make a triangle. Secure with tape.
- Tape your straw triangle to the middle of the two wheels on the lid of the box.
To make the bike rider:
- Cut a small piece of the end of another straw to make it shorter.
- Tape the end of the straw to the middle of your straw triangle.
- Bend the straw to make a straight line and stick using tape.
- Next bend the straw up and tape.
- Finally, bend the bendy end of the straw and tape down to be the bike rider's arms.
- Draw your face on the bike above the shoulders (wearing a helmet) and decorate the rest of the plate as you wish
- Using a single hole-punch, make two holes at the top of your number plate.
- Thread a piece of string through each hole.
To make the pom poms:
- Cut the handles off a plastic bag.
- Cut from the open end of the bag down to the bottom of the bag but do not cut all the way through the bottom of the bag. Do this all the way along the bag.
- Do the same to the inside out snack bag.
- Place the snack bag on top of the plastic bag and roll from one end of the bottom of the bag to the other and secure with tape.
- Repeat to make another pom pom.
- Attach the number plate using the string to the handle bars of the bike.
- Attach the pom poms using tape to the ends of the handle bars of the bike.