Going to a birthday party? Place your gift in a special gift box, that looks like a birthday cake!
- 1 large oatmeal container
- 1 colored paper plate
- 3 straws
- White construction paper (to cover the oatmeal container)
- Paint in red and yellow
- Tissue paper in red, orange and yellow
- Cotton balls
- Small pom poms
- Plastic zip-top sandwich bag
- Craft glue
- Safety scissors
- Dip the sponge in yellow paint and sponge paint all over the long strip of paper that will go around the oatmeal container. Let dry.
- In a plastic zip-top sandwich bag, mix red paint craft glue. Mix thoroughly.
- Push the mixture towards one corner of the bag and make a tiny snip across the corner using safety scissors.
- Squeeze the paint mixture across the middle of the sponge painted piece of paper to look like a jam filling. Let dry.
- Decorate the lid of the oatmeal container to look like the top of a birthday cake. Squeeze glue all around the edge of the lid.
- Stick on cotton wool balls all the way around.
- To make candles, cut 3 straws in half.
- To make flames, tear orange, red and yellow tissue paper and twist together at the end. Make 3 flames.
- Push the twisted end into each straw.
- Use tape to attach each straw on to the container lid.
- Finish the icing of the cake by gluing tiny pom poms onto each cotton ball.
- When the sponge painted paper is dry, tape it around the oatmeal container.
- Tape the container onto a paper plate to look like a cake stand.